Reaction explorer is an python application
that helps in learning organic chemistry by emulating reactions, syntheses and mechanisms in organic chemistry.
Features Implemented in Reaction Explorer
- This application was developed using technologies like Python, OpenEye Python Toolkit, Marvin Applets and PostgreSQL
- There are 3 steps in this application: Single-Step Reaction Completion, Multi-Step Synthesis Design and Arrow-Pushing Mechanism Diagrams. we have improved all these three steps
- Database improvements like optimizing database, implementing OOPs approach in code and framework like SQLAlchemy that follows NoSQL approach
- Improved Chemistry processing algorithms like, caching calculated results
- Improved output rendering using templating languages