DB2 Z Consultant – DB202211005
Date Posted: 11-17-2022, Job Code:DB202211005
- Analyzes, designs, creates, and implements complex databases including access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization, and security.
- Analyze business needs and recommend technical solutions that meet those needs.
- Identify, drive, and report on performance metrics, service levels, system status and both planned and unplanned system outages.
- Identify and bring forth technology infrastructure and solutions that help move IT platforms forward.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including database platforms, security tools, applications, storage, private and public cloud
Continuously analyze current processes and technologies in use to identify areas of improvement.
- Train employees on software, troubleshooting, and provide technical support and escalation when needed.
- Assist in the development and execution of disaster recovery procedures, which includes proper backup and retention practices.
- Properly maintain accurate company IT assets through regular audits and automated processes where applicable.
- Coordinates with senior leaders to determine requirements.
- Interprets internal or external issues and recommends solutions/best practices.
- Designs complex data models, logical and physical databases, data dictionaries and schemas.
- Liaisons with database software vendors and external technical support on issues such as software upgrades, and potential solutions
- Must possess a Bachelors degree in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering/Software Engineering/Computer Applications/ Information Technology/ Information Systems/ Electrical or Electronics/ Mathematics or related field or equivalent degree
- Others: DB2 z/OS v1, DB2 DDL, SQL expertise, DB2 utilities – REORG, Unload, Load, COPY, Runstats, Backup and Recovery, IBM Admin, BMC Remedy, UTS.
Location: Denver, CO
Submit resume to: email@example.com
If you like us to email you when a position is available, kindly fill out the below form.