Django is the most popular open source web application framework written in Python that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design on websites. It is also a “batteries included” web application framework for perfectionists (with deadlines). Django makes it easier to build better Web apps more quickly and with less code. Django has a large and active community, which encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design. By using this you can build high-performing, elegant Web applications quickly. Most of the developers prefer to use the Django for the website. Because, the Django Framework is a software library that is implemented in Python for the developers who want to create database driven websites and web applications.
Django was originally developed and launched by Lawrence Journal-World for its online website. It is used by Google, NASA, PBS, Bit-Bucket, and many newspapers. It provides quick development for the projects that means the timeline for the project development is short end. It also provides several key components which are required for most websites or web applications. So the merchant just needs to focus on what makes his project stand out from the other websites on the internet. Some of the components which are included are the unit testing library, local web server, object relational mapping, localization, internationalization, caching systems, middleware, and more. The developers can quickly create and launch web applications using pre-existing framework code.
PHP originally stood for Personal Home Page, but now it stands for Hypertext Pre-processor. It is a widely used open source, general purpose scripting language used for generating dynamic or more interactive websites. PHP can be used on all major operating systems and is supported on most web servers. It is a high level language which means it is very easy to learn this programming language than C, ASP or ASP.net. The latest version of PHP is a very stable and mature language used for web programming much like Java and Microsoft C#. PHP’s main focus is development for the web, so it has a quick development time and can solve scenarios much quicker than some of the other web design languages. Some of the most popular frameworks for PHP are Zend, Prado, CakePHP, and Symfony.
Django framework overcome the PHP frameworks
- Django provides a seamless process of developing a web application where each of its components fit together in a defined order. Django ORM is very better than the Zend Framework.
- The Django URLconf (URL configuration) makes it extremely easy and flexible to provide user friendly URLs.
- With Django, the URLs are an integral part of the application not some http server configuration.
- Django has less files, whereas the Symfony has many folders and files, and it makes harder to find something.
- Django manages the forms and the submissions in a good way. But it is very hard to manage in Symfony because the user has to write so much code to make the things that he want with forms.
The above points show that Django is very better than the PHP frameworks. The Python Web Development with Django gives more benefits to the users than the PHP. Python is widely used for the web development than PHP. Python provides a more flexible base for web development when compared to PHP.