In this article we are going to know how Python plays a vital role in mobile applications. Python is a high level dynamic programming language that can be easily interface with C/ObjC/Java/Fortran. It is used in a wide variety of application domains. It is easy to learn, understand, interface, and simple to implement. Python is a beautiful and elegant language that allows you to write the same program with much fewer lines of code than PHP. The best developers in Python have knowledge in a variety of frameworks and many years of experience they can able to provide a best Python Development Services at an affordable cost. Most of the people prefer Python for its simplicity and reliability. It helps you to work more quickly and provides great interactive environment.
Why Python Development?
- Python runs on all major operating systems such as Windows, Linux/Unix, OS/2, Mac, Amiga, etc.
- The language provide constructs intended to enable clear programs on both a small and a large scale.
- Python provides more tools for both the developers and the system administrators.
- Many companies like GOOGLE, Yahoo!, and IBM use this Python, because it’s a fun and a dynamic language.
- It provides faster development and portability allows for the same application to run across platforms.
- Python is packed with rich libraries and many add-on packages to tackle specific tasks.
The features of Python is natural expression of procedural code, strong introspection capabilities, very clear, readable syntax, intuitive object orientation, very high level dynamic data types, extensions and modules easily written in C, C++ (or Java for Jython, or .NET languages for IronPython), extensive standard libraries and third party modules for virtually every task, full modularity, supporting hierarchical packages, exception-based error handling and embeddable within applications as a scripting interface. Python is widely used in Web application development. It is also used in a wide range of non-scripting contexts. Python plays well with COM, .NET, CORBA, Java and it often compared to Tcl, Perl, Ruby, Scheme or Java.
Python role in Mobile Applications
There are a variety of applications in various fields including business, entertainment, utilities, hospitality sector, games and much more, these apps are made sure to fit to various screen sizes be it iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, laptop, palmtop etc. Mobile Application Development has become a leading business sector due to its increasing scope. For every person in the world, it is quite impossible to live without mobile. It plays an important role in all life. There are various software systems used by the designers for the mobile phones such as Symbian, J2Me, Android, Flash light, Python, Lazarus, BREW, etc.
This is a nice cross platform python framework which works for Android, Win7, Linux, Mac. It is a great tool for writing both simple scripts and complex, multi-threaded applications. The great thing about having Python on Android is the opportunity to use the untold thousands of lines of code already written and freely available. iPhone or Android App Developers take a number of cross platform development techniques in order to provide a great mobile application to the customers. The top tools used for cross-formatting mobile application development are RhoMobile, PhoneGap, Appcelerator, Sencha Touch, MoSync, Whoop, WidgetPad, GENWI, AppMakr, Mippin, SwebApps, MobiCart, etc.
Appcelerator – This platform uses web technologies and develops great apps for desktop, mobile and tablet applications. The languages which are used to develop apps are HTML, Python, PHP and few others.
Mobile Applications Written in Python
- Aarlogic C05/3 – Ready to use GSM /GPS tracking PCB with Python development on board with support of test server based on Google Maps.
- AppBackup – an app for jailbroken iOS devices that lets one back-up and restore settings and data from App Store apps.
- Pyroute – a GPS-capable mapping/routing application for mobile devices.
Android Google provides Android Scripting Environment (ASE) which allows scripting languages (Python included) to run on Android. The excellent features of Python allows it to plays an important role in mobile applications.